To all our customers we sincerely hope that you and your families are keeping well.
It has been a difficult time for everyone since the pandemic started but following the announcement from the Welsh Government, it is possible we will be able to open the campsite from the 13th July.
As you would expect during these challenging times there will be a number of new restrictions in operation at Tyn-yr-Onnen to keep us all safe and comply with government guidelines.
- Our self-catering accommodation will be open but only bookable for a minimum of 7 nights. Please see the details on the accommodation tab for change-over days.
- We are also taking booking for caravans and motorhomes that are fully self-contained having thier own toilet and washing facilities. We are limiting the number of pitches available and stays need to be for a minimum of 7 nights to help manage the risk to our guests and staff.
- Unfortunately, we will be unable to open our Pods or Camping pitches for tents as they require shared facilities which currently have to be closed.
- To comply with the guidelines all shared facilities such as Toilets and Shower blocks, Office/Shop, TV Room, Utility Room and Play Park will be closed.
- We expect everyone to follow social distancing rules and wash hands regularly while on site. However, it is not compulsory to wear masks on site as we believe there is more than adequate space to allow social distancing.
- We are limiting the number of pitches available.
As the Welsh Government make changes we will comply as appropriate. We hope these rules will only apply for a short period and we are able to get back to normal as soon as possible.
If you have a booking with us for the month of July we will be in contact with you via email in the next few days. Bookings for the rest of the season will remain in place until further information is provided by the Welsh Government.
Regards and Best Wishes,
Helen and Len
Set on a traditional Welsh sheep farm, this family run Campsite with Self-Catering accommodation lies at the foot of the Moel Ellio Mountain with Snowdon nestled behind. Tyn-yr-Onnen is the perfect spot for those who want to experience Snowdon, go off the beaten track and enjoy the farms breath taking scenery.
The campsite facilities include a variety of pitches, with hook-ups if needed, modern toilet blocks with free hot showers, baby changing facilities, disabled shower room and a utility room. The campsite has a play park, a television room with table tennis and a pool table. There is plenty of space for BBQs; we even allow camp fires in one of our camping fields; after all we think that camp fires are an essential part of camping.
Tyn-yr-Onnen also has a variety of self-catered accommodation so you can enjoy this picturesque location with some added luxury.
From the farm there are 100’s of acres of heath land to explore where you may meet our sheep, donkeys, lamas, pigs, ponies, chickens, ducks and turkeys. If you visit us in the spring, you can see some of our new born lambs. Walks to Mynyndd Mawr and Moel Elio mountains are easily accessible from the site, the most adventurous can even walk to the summit of Snowdon - we will be happy to recommend some of our favourite walks.
It’s not all about mountains and walking, there are castles to explore in Caernafon and Beaumaris, and the beautiful beaches in the Llyn Peninsular and the Isle of Anglesey. The Welsh Highland Railway Station in the village is a pleasant walk from the Campsite. Zipworld with the fastest zipline in the world is easily accessible by car. A short drive brings you to the village of Llanberis with the famous train to the summit of Snowdon, Electric Mountain, LLanberis Slate museum, and so much more.
Copyright © Tyn-yr-Onnen 2017
Website by WiSS